The Mississippi County Historical Society was formed in the mid 1960’s by a group of local citizens. The purpose of the organization has remained the same-to provide a context for our local history for the benefit of future generations.
In 1977, the Society was gifted an 1899 Victorian country home by the heirs of Joe and Carrie Moore. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, the seventeen room house contains seven fireplaces and is fully furnished including the original dining room furniture and gas chandelier.
In 1900, the Moore’s enjoyed entertaining family and friends in the large hall downstairs. That tradition continues today as the house and grounds serve as a beautiful setting for weddings, receptions, and parties while telling the stories of the past.